Saturday, November 27, 2010

{merry christmas} tag garland


What a crafty mood I've been in lately! I love it!
Crafts seem to get me into the Spirit of the holiday season! And since moving to our new little cottage, I haven't done much in the way of crafting...decorating yes...crafting not so much! So with Thanksgiving and Christmas...I really got the little crafty bug.
Having a word garland hanging in the house for the month/season that it is makes me happy :) I love making them using my Cricut generally...today was no different. I needed to make a Merry Christmas garland so I started with my Cricut Expression machine and the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge. Used some sparkly paper that I had laying around and cut out the background tags.

Picked a few colors of my Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels...I wanted red, but I was making a garland for my BFF jules ~ and her Christmas decor is blue and then I thought I'd make a couple extra garlands for the boutique so I also grabbed a pretty green too.


Then using a swirly glimmer mask {also from Tattered Angels} I stenciled the mask shape on each of the tags...but changed the location for each tag to give it a really cool effect and i didn't want it to look too uniform ~ matchie-matchie...


Let the Glimmer Mist dry completely


Cut letters out using a Cricut font cartridge {I used Printing Press} ~ Attach them to the tags ~ this is made easier if you run the letters through a Xyron machine to make them stickers ~ then all you have to do is peel and stick.



String the tags along a ribbon {I have this awesome red velvet ribbon that I love} ~ and spread the letters out just a little bit. Leave space between words. Tie bits of different ribbons at each of the ends and in between the words.


Here's the version I made for {jules} ~ she wanted the word PEACE so that's what I did...because it was a shorter word I put bits of ribbon in between each letter. Also, it needed a little more bling ~ so I Stickled each letter when it was done. On the other garland I used Crystal Effects to just give the letters a little extra pop!

Here's to the start of an amazing Christmas holiday season!
{enjoy}

**update** here is the tag garland in the green tones:

and the garland I made for jules on her pretty mantel



Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialMakingThe Girl Creative

2 comments:

  1. Lovin' this cute garland!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m hosting a CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE on 12/9…would love to have you join in on the FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both! And thanks for the tip on the Xyron machine - I have a cricut machine and sometimes I get sick of gluing what I've made. I'd love to be able to stick and go!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete