Thursday, October 14, 2010

What's For Dinner {Wednesday}...

Wednesday is THE all-time busiest day of our week for several reasons I won't bore you with...suffice it to say ~ once our feet hit the floor in the morning we are all on the run until very late in the evening!
So I've been trying something new around our little cottage...and wanted to share it with you. Each Wednesday {hopefully} I will bring you an easy recipe that you can make for your family too.
One really cool thing that I've been doing was inspired by those places like "Dream Dinners" where you go spend a couple hours and make 6 meals...bring them home and stick them in your freezer...Well I don't have that kind of time or money to spend, so what I've done is started doubling some of the dishes that I make and created two ~ stuck one in the freezer to be used on another day. It's also nice when a friend or neighbor is in need of a dinner brought in ~ just grab one out of your freezer ~ heat it up in the oven and voila! Like you'd been slaving away all day!
The first recipe I'd like to share with you is my family's all time favorite casserole. It's super easy to make this one and double it!


Curry Chicken Casserole
3-4 large Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded or cubed)
3 cups cooked rice (for a quick alternative ~ use Minute Rice ~ just follow directions on box)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Milk
1 cup Mayonaise
1-2 Tblspn Mild Curry Powder


In a 13 x 9 pan, layer rice on the bottom. Mix together the cooked (shredded or cubed) chicken, Cream of Chicken Soup, Milk, Mayonaise and Curry Powder. Pour chicken mixture over the rice, spreading out evenly. Bake uncovered in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20 to 25 minutes until casserole starts to turn a toasty yellow-ie brown on top.
***Healthy Alternative Alert*** Add a green veggie to the chicken mixture before baking casserole. I have used green beans, brocolli and asparagus in the past. Disguise those veggies every chance I get!

Again, this is super easy to double and split into to 13x9 pans {I suggest getting a few of the disposable, re-useable kind for the ones you stick into the freezer ~ the kind that come with lids} - one to eat and one to freeze.
enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment