Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Gift of Time, the Menu Board & What's For Dinner? {Wednesday}


Some of you may remember my little Menu White Board tutorial that I did a while back...I love that little thing. It sits on my counter and I often get comments on it like today.
On my little Menu board I generally have one of two lists on there. 1) the 12 meals that I always have ingredients for OR 2) the weekly dinner menu. Right now I have this week's dinner menu up there because with our very hectic schedules lately, it's nice to know that I don't have to think about what to make for dinner...it's already planned.
And being an extremely busy mom, photographer, volunteer, you name it - my hunny gave me a gift a few months back...the gift of help and time! I love him for lots of reasons, but he gets extra brownie points for this...this gift comes twice a month for about 3 hours a day and is a sweet lady named Shirley...she really is the sweetest lady and she helps me with some of the cleaning around the cottage...I am so grateful to my hunny and my cleaning friend Shirley for the gift of time and help!
Anyway, today Shirley was here and she commented on the Menu Board and said what a clever idea...to plan out and write down what the dinner schedule is for the week.
I explained to her that it helps me to stay organized and that I never really have to hear, "What's for Dinner?" because they know to look at the board.
The Menu Board, like Shirley, really was another gift of time in my book...being and staying organized always is it seems...
So with that...What's For Dinner? It was my yummy spaghetti and garlic bread. I don't mean to boast...lol...but it really is yummers. Last week at our mid-week Youth Group at church, one of my Young Women (that's where I serve, is with the Young Women) came up to me and told me she was "craving" my spaghetti...and that she thought that I should make some very soon and bring it in on a Wednesday night! LOL
Two very special ingredients are what makes my spaghetti extra good...Bacon & a Lawry's Spaghetti Sauce seasoning packet!
So here's the full recipe:
Sauce -
1 lb lean ground beef OR italian sausage (browned and crumbled)
about 1/4 lb of bacon (cut into small pieces and throw in with meat as you are browing it)
1 lrg jar of spaghetti sauce (any brand, any flavoring)
1 pkg Larwy's spaghetti sauce seasoning packet

Brown meat and bacon together until meat is fully cooked. Pour off any excess grease. Pour shaghetti sauce into pan. Open seasoning pkt and pour into spaghetti sauce jar. Add about 1/4 cup water to jar. Replace lid on jar and shake. Pour seasoning into the pan with meat and sauce and stir completely. Place over warm heat until bubbly.

Add 1 lb cooked spaghetti noodles to the sauce and stir til noodles are completely covered with sauce.

*Option* sometimes I will add shredded cheddar cheese to the sauce...just for a twist.
Serve with warm galic bread.
Also, you can double the recipe and split it to freeze 1/2 for another night's dinner to save some time.
I hope you can try this...and find a way to give yourself the gift of time
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment