Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fit or {Insanity}...

A little over a year ago, I was about 80lbs heavier than I am right now. I won't bore you with all the details of how I did it ~ leave it to being said, I didn't have surgery...It was strict dieting, exercise, drinking more water than fish do and believing that I could get healthy and stay healthy. After all, I'm not getting any younger!
Fast forward a year to now. I feel great! Can fit into a size of clothes that I haven't been in, in almost 20 years...but now I have the bye-bye arms and floppy butt and thighs! So not pretty!
I know after a while of doing the same types of exercise and diet, your body tends to get used to it and stop progressing. Having boys, {4} of them to be exact, we have alot of weightlifting things around here and I have my eliptical thingie...but lifting weights just isn't my cup of tea ~ I want to continue to lose weight but also firm up the flop ~ not become a body builder!
The boys kept talking about the P90x thing but you don't just purchase the program, you have to have all the {toys} that go along with it...I am so into simple! I don't want a bunch a crud-ola to have to use...honestly, it's just more stuff for me to trip on as I'm trying to exercise. Ya...that's a pretty picture!
Anyway...I digress...so then #3 boy says something about some kind of insane workout ~ later he explained that, that's the name "Insanity Workout". I thought is was kind of a funny name for a workout and how bad could it really be???

After doing a little reading about the workout, we determined that it sounded pretty good and would try it...The part I liked was that it was a 60 day program and they had each day planned for you and what you were supposed to do. Great!
I ordered it, and we anxiously awaited it's arrival! Yesterday before leaving for a photo shoot our package arrived! YEAH! I opened the box and took out the reading material.
As I read, words kept popping out at me, like "check with your physician before starting this program!" Oh Crud! What have I gotten myself into??? But I wasn't going to back down! #3 boy was so excited to do this and he was my cheerleader today, saying "Come on mom...you can do it!" He was so excited to start he could barely contain himself! First thing we did was the fitness test which determines how out of shape you really are! And although I did ok on some of them, my form was awful! #3 boy is super in shape but was sweating like crazy. {I have to say as a proud mommy though, he did better than one of the guys that's on the video!} I walk 4 miles at least 4 days a week and don't think I've ever sweat so much in my entire life!
Monday starts the real butt kicking. Oh boy! I can't wait! {dripping with sarcasam!} But I am so determined to give this everything I have...even if it's not perfect! I will keep you posted as to how I'm progressing.
Cross your fingers...let the butt kicking begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment