Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hat Box Re-do

My grammy gave me these two little hat boxes that she had gotten a few years ago but never really used...I love it when she cleans out the closets! Yeah Me!

So first I visited the Graphics Fairy and printed out some French letters and postcards...








I used my handy, dandy Mod Podge to attach the papers to the box...

























and to the lid...







Once the Mod Podge dried, I spread Valspar Antiquing Glaze to the box...then wiped it off - it leaves a antiqued, distressed look.













I used my hot glue gun - trusty ol' blue...to attach a ribbon around the top of the base of the box and then added a button to finish it off...



I really needed something to put my hair bands, clips, etc in - and this is just perfect!




And it really goes really well with the bathroom decor!




Oh...total cost to me was less than $1 - box FREE! Then I used 3 sheets of white computer paper - maybe 10 cents. I already had the mod podge & antiquing glaze from other projects. The ribbon came from my ribbon wall in my scrapbook closet - about 30 cents worth. Button, again, from my scrapbook closet - about 5 cents. Woo Hoo!

Decor Mamma


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love this! It does look so good in your bathroom! I use the images Karen from The Graphics Fairy offers, too. Aren't they great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! They look like expensive antique hat boxes!! Thanks for linking up another one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that turned out great too! I think you need to come to my house and decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the tutorial, I love boxes and these ones look so fabulous. Petra.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been SO into Mod Podge lately. It's such a fun product!

    Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!

    ReplyDelete