Friday, February 5, 2010

Clock Crafting Chic Re-do Before and After

Ok - I showed the clock that I found at Target the other day for $17!


But it just wouldn't be me to leave well enough alone!!!
The dark brown was pretty, but I really wanted it black and more of a distressed look...
so I went to work!

First I masked off the face of the clock so the glass wouldn't get anything on it...

Then, I sanded the surface of the wood area to take the shiny coating off so that the new paint will adhere...




I used Krylon Acrylic Latex Enamel Black Satin Paint - I really liked this stuff! It was easy to clean up with just a little water and a sponge!


I actually ended up putting on 3 coats - because I really wanted full coverage and no brown to show through. After the third coat I let it dry overnight to make sure that it was completely dry before I started shabby-ing it up!









I used some sand paper to rough up some of the edges...




Here's some close ups of the clock...







Then I got my sweet hubs to help me hang my re-do creation...









I love it! I had to walk out the front door and then in...my eyes went straight to my beautiful clock - but there's still alot of blank wall...I think it needs a few other pretties...lol
Watch for the update!



Linking to:
Crafts in Bloom
Decor MammaFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I think its just gorgeous in black with the roughed up edges - great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great. I have been wanting a big clock for sometime now. Maybe someday! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find...and I love how you spruced her up! Can't go wrong in distressed black! Thanks for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for good finds! Looks beautiful, job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bargain. Distressed black looks great! Thanks for sharing at the Power of Paint Party.

    ReplyDelete