Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What a Find - Strawberry Fair Platter

Ok...file this under What a Find!
While at Goodwill the other day when I picked up the candleholders and glass platter...Look at what I found!

I said before - I love plates, platters, etc!
So after I found my other treasures and headed out...the red of this little platter caught my eye.
My grandma had given me little plates a few years ago with similar red design around the edge and are already displayed on my wall...so I had to pick it up to check it out.
When I flipped it over and read the inscription...I tucked it under my arm and went happily to the register with my other purchases!
I wasn't sure of the value of my little find (not that it really mattered) but I knew that it was more than the $7 I paid...
So, today looked it up online...lowest I found was a starting bid of $35 and the highest was from a replacement company of $199! WOO HOO!
That's what I call a real Find! Now to find the perfect place for it.

1 comment:

  1. what a great find!!!! hang tight to that plate...

    ReplyDelete